Remember that one time we put three chatty cloud guys in a tiny room without windows (where no one can hear you scream) to talk cloud way back in September? Yeah, we do, too. Those were the days. In the second episode of our official, esteemed podcast—Cloud, Interrupted, "Cloud security and Daylight Saving Time drive us insane." for those of you following along at home—we have reasons! Reasons why this is only our second episode! Reasons that make sense! Because we owe it to you, our most loyal listeners. Join Kevin Hazard, director of digital content, Phil Jackson, lead technology evangelist, and Teddy Vandenberg, manager of network provisioning, as they wreak havoc interrupting the world of cloud. Again.
If you TL;DR-ed that intro, here’s the meat and potatoes of our latest podcast. Dig in:
- [00:00:01] WE NOW HAVE THE BLEEP BLOOPS.
- [00:01:21] The real reason our second podcast is fashionably late.
- [00:03:16] It’s not that we’re insane when it comes to Internet security; it’s that no one understands us.
- [00:06:14] Stay out of our bowels, Kevin!
- [00:07:19] When you move to the cloud, you’re making all the same security mistakes you always make—multiplied by 10.
- [00:10:30] What are cloud providers obligated to do in terms of security for their customers?
- [00:13:00] Yes, we interrupted our cloud conversation (insert groan here). We now hate ourselves for it.
- [00:13:23] Phil attended a tech conference on a ranch in Ireland (Web Summit), where he experienced Segway-less Segway envy and encountered zombies with attached earlobes. (Learn more about Artomatix: Artomatix Customer Story)
- [00:20:08] You’re the bleep bloop master, Phil.
- [00:20:48] Teddy rants (and rants) about Daylight Saving Time while we cower in the corner.
- [00:24:07] If we do Daylight Saving Time in Unix, are we not taking Teddy seriously?
- [00:25:27] Conclusion: Teddy hates time. (Yes, still ranting.)
- [00:25:59] It’s over for everyone—not just Kevin.
- [00:27:01] Oh, and one more thing, Teddy…
And that’s all she wrote, folks. -Fayza